We're finally done fixing all the issues uncovered by more users. OpenMV IDE 1.6.0 is now here along with firmware v2.4.1 which dramatically improves your OpenMV Cam's FPS (for both the M4 and M7 boards)! Here's short video demo below.
In other news, MacroFab has been paid for 2.5K new OpenMV Cam M7s and they've started production. Panels were purchased this week for all the new boards. Additionally, we're updating the build slightly to improve camera quality:
- We're going to be putting black stickers on the backs of each OpenMV Cam now to filter out light entering getting into the camera IC through the PCB.
- We'll be improving our Q.A. test to verify the USB and uSD connectors on each cam work after the camera is tested on our programming jig.
- Implement faster line detection algorithm.
- Support line segments detection.
- Support higher FPS on OpenMV 2 and 3.
- Add data matrix support.
- Add more small resolutions.
- Enable UART1 on OpenMV3/M7
- Enable VSYNC output on IO pin.
- Fix QR Code bug.
- Fix UDP recvfrom bug.
- Minor fixes, typos and docs updates.
- QR Code Kanji fix.
- Upstream MP SCSI fix.
- Fix binary ops names.
- Updated firmware to v2.4.1 w/ fix for Windows 10 Creator USB drive issue.
- Added label when frame buffer is disabled.
- Added drawers that are displayed when panels are hidden.
- FPS read out has more averaging now so it's more stable.
- Fixed firmware re-programmer erasing flash drive always.
- Frame buffer now tells you the ROI when you select an area.
- Frame buffer now tells you the image res.
- Random visual fixes to make the IDE look more polished.
- Fixed editor crashing bug.
- Improved text highlighting code to highlight more stuff.
- Reduced read unblock timer for better FPS on windows VMs.
- Fixed OpenTerminal run code so you can use it with longer scripts.